Reports to: Director of Sales
Location: NY; NJ; MA; NH; RI; DE; ME
Travel: 50% (domestic and international required)
A Sales Manager will engage directly with his or her designated customers and manufacturer’s representatives to achieve sales goals and objectives for the assigned territory. In this role, the sales manager will develop strong customer relationships and close supply agreements with OEM customers through the design-in of custom, modified standard, and standard power solutions. A Sales Manager will:
- Develop an annual sales business plan to meet the sales target.
- Prospect, qualify, and close OEM accounts to meet or exceed annual sales goals through customers who map to the company’s strengths.
- Manage manufacturer’s representatives in the territory to ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Visit accounts, resolve customer problems, and make customer presentations as necessary.
- Provide account management and customer service leading to the completion of technical developments and the generation of ongoing production.
- Provide training to representatives and distributors as appropriate.
- Provide periodic reports to the factory including forecast information, account status, and sales opportunities.
- At least 5 years outside sales experience in a highly competitive high technology, hardware market segment, preferably in the power industry.
- The personal drive to “self-start” and work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent time management, follow-up, and organizational skills to successfully plan and execute technical sales activities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and overcome internal and external objections at all levels.
- Knowledge of strategic selling techniques and a “solution vs. price” approach.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong new business relationships quickly and to close business on plan.
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Team oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional employee groups of all levels and competencies
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and multitasking skills to provide superior customer service which will include off hours communications with Asia as needed.
- Must be detail-oriented and computer-literate in databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- A proven high degree of honesty, integrity, and sound judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred but a technical degree or other relevant experience combination with a degree will be considered.
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)