Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: Director of Applications Engineering
Relocation Assistance Available
H1-B VISA Sponsorship Available
Direct support of customers and Field Applications Engineers with product questions, build and test custom demonstration circuits to customer specifications to support the sales of Power products, early product evaluation and definition, demo-board design and development, failure analysis support, writing application notes/design articles and providing new product ideas. Along with these daily responsibilities the optimal candidate will have excellent technical writing and presentation skills, a good command of the English language and good listening skills to understand customer problems and articulate solutions.
Immediate responsibilities would include customer applications support and applications circuit development to support the sales of Linear Technology integrated circuits. The design, build and test of custom demonstration circuits to customer specifications to support the sale of the company’s power products including, Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost, SEPIC, or Flyback topologies. Most new products contain digital communication features. Software programming in C, C++, C#, Visual Basic or .Net Framework is needed. The development of Graphical User Interface programs for use by customers to evaluate the functions of a new IC on our demo-boards.
- BSEE or MSEE
- 5+year experience in board level electronic design
- DC/DC converter (switching power supplies) designs
- Strong background of analog circuit, power electronics and power systems
- Isolated DC/DC converter design experience (Flyback, Forward, etc.)
- Strong analytic skills along with power system modeling and control loop design.
- IC applications experience a plus
- Enjoy analog circuit design and hardware work
- Familiar with circuit design/simulation tools and lab equipment.
- Must possess good communication skills and have ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)