Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Senior Power Electronics Application Engineer focuses on the system level design and IC application circuit. The candidate will work on leading-edge AC/DC and DC/DC power solutions targeting on LED application area. The candidate will design, implement and test high switching frequency, and high power density, advanced AC/DC and DC/DC power converter on LED lighting field, computing and other consumer electronics applications. The job responsibility includes writing datasheet, technical articles, and design tips, application note, evaluation board design, customer support, FAE training based on the current IC and helping the bench verification with the next generation IC.
- BSEE; MSEE; PhD EE
- At least more than 3 years experience on power semiconductor industry.
- Strong knowledge on the control algorithm derivation and implementation with the fundamental knowledge of Analog circuit design by using compensation of the loopOP-Amps, power MOSFETs, gate drivers so on.
- Candidate must have knowledge of electrical power engineering and industrial strength on LED lighting power supply and driver, power factor correction, AC/DC converter, DC/DC converter.
- Strong knowledge of power electronic circuit design, understanding power component characteristics.
- Knowledge and experience on designing and optimization of transformers and magnetic integration for lower leakage inductance with EMI shielding.
- Advanced mathematics, ability to extract the essential equations from a physical/electronics phenomenon and to model it with theoretical tools. Using PSpice/Matlab must be an additional advantage.
- Strong hands-on experience in high voltage power application, directly debug an evaluation board and capture experimental waveforms from bench test.
- Experience on solving EMI.
- Familiar with the various power converter topologies and stabilization of the closed loop control systems.
- Providing technical support, such as reference designs, write data sheet, give a design guild line, and solving problems in customer applications.
- Strong communication skill and coordinating capability
- Good team player, self motivated, and independently work capability
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)