Location: Concord, California
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Industry Focus: Medical Instrumentation, Telecommunications, Military and Industrial Controls
Number of positions: 1
The successful candidate will develop CAD, PCAD drawings, BOMs and related materials in the support of product development and sustaining engineering. The Electro-Mechanical Engineer will create prototypes and perform testing in support of the product development. The individual selected will also support production and quality assurance with dimensional analysis, support and maintenance as well as creating and managing ECNs.
- Create CAD, PCAD for new products and product modifications.
- Work with vendors and in house production to refine design for manufacturability and evaluate cost tradeoffs.
- Work closely with QA to ensure that components and finished goods are checked and resolve issues.
- Take new products seamlessly from design into production, using phase-gate system.
- Develop processes, methods, tooling, and production controls for new product programs; supervises their assembly and proofing. Create documentation for the new processes.
- Work with the RCI team on improvement projects to bring down production costs and improve efficiency.
- Ensure that Engineering Familiar with library management, logic symbols and shape creation using PCAD
- Assists in the training of less-experienced department personnel.
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, preferably materials (metals, plastics, and processing), statics/mechanics, mechanisms, testing, instrumentation, and FEA methods.
- Capable of efficiently solving production (machining and assembly) problems in a timely manner.
- Skilled in QA inspection methods, AQL, root cause analysis, ISO, and testing protocols.
- Skilled in Six Sigma and Lean methods.
- Proficient in GD&T principles in the ASME Y14.5 drafting standard.
- Strong CAD, PCAD and drafting skills
- Skilled with Alitum Electronic Design Software
- Familiar with PDM systems and CAD management methods.
- Experience designing with electronics.
- Able to take new products from design to production and sustainment.
- Knowledge of modern fabrication and assembly techniques and machine-shop practices and techniques.
- Familiar with CNC machining and plastic injection molding
- Able to document all work and projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Has initiative and able to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office programs.
- BSME; BSEE degree or higher in technical training
- 5-7 years PCB design experience
- Expert with PCAD design tools
- Experience using Alitum Electronic Design Software
- Fundamental engineering knowledge of DCDC converter circuit behavior
- Expert in all areas of PCB design including packaging, placement and SMT constraints
- Work closely with design engineers to determine the design and layout specifications, with consideration of design for manufacture and test.
- Perform layout for DCDC converters utilizing SMT / Thru-hole technology
- Follow design rules for EMI / RFI control and compliance to regulations from safety agencies, UL; TUV; BABT etc…
- Create application notes on layout guidelines for various power supply products
- Communicate with PCB fabrication houses on PCB requirements and verify the test reports
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)