Location: Santa Clara, CA
Reports to: Director of Advanced Technology
Number of positions: 1
As a Power Engineer you will play a key role in the development of one of the most impressive computing infrastructures! You will be involved as a member of an energetic team to deliver innovative power solutions. Your objective will be to design, analyze and implement board and system level topologies for large scale application environments.
- Design board and system level power specifications and solutions. Analyze performance, cost, reliability and availability trade-offs.
- Engage cross functionally to ensure successful roll-out, testing and complete validation.
- Lead projects that involve new technologies or new uses of multiple existing technologies.
- Provide technical leadership and direction while troubleshooting complex system level issues.
- Recommend and implement new product developments and process improvements.
- I am looking for someone with a level of experience and technical knowledge so that they could comfortably design a full rack power system (AC-DC front end, DC-DC VR, UPS/backup) independently.
- MS degree in Electrical/Power Engineering or related discipline preferred with strong academic record.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with proven depth and breadth of knowledge in power design and distribution methodologies at board and system level.
- Strong knowledge of power industry and ability to access supplier competencies and areas of weakness
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to detail. Ability to execute own work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with energetic cross-functional project teams
- Must have experience in either Power supplies for servers AC/DC Power Distribution for computers or Battery Monitoring and backup.
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)