Requisition #: JP3278
Title: Regional Sales Manager (CA, TX, Southwest, Deep South)
Location: California or Texas
Reports to: Director of Sales / Marketing
Industry Focus: Military & Aerospace
Number of positions: 1
Immigration Status: US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Working from a home office in the assigned region, identify and cultivate new business opportunities consistent with the company’s business plan and capabilities. Manage and coordinate customer interactions and activities in the region. Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Understand and execute duties consistent with the company’s Strategic Sales Plan. Acquire an understanding of the customer base in the region. Develop a cross-functional range of contacts at existing and target accounts. Maintain customer contacts via regular communication and personal visits. Educate current and prospective customers regarding the company’s products and capabilities. Identify and cultivate sales opportunities. Analyze both technical requirements and business opportunities, and make pursuit recommendations. Facilitate the process of booking new business.
- Maintain awareness of all significant trends, potential business competition and other matters affecting sales position of the company. Seek to identify new market areas of interest to the company. Make recommendations on new company products, applications, market segments, sales aids or techniques, pricing and other pertinent matters.
- Interface with management, engineering members, sales administration and other disciplines to develop technical and economic information for quotations and proposals. Interface with other Regional Sales Managers to coordinate cross-regional opportunities, programs and trends.
- Provide sales forecasting information for the assigned region as requested. Provide updates when current / potential events may impact the forecast.
- Maintain customer correspondence files, and assure the occurrence of appropriate and timely intra-company distribution. Provide activity reports as directed.
- Participate in industry associations and functions; participate in trade shows; arrange for and conduct customer indoctrination sessions, seminars and meetings.
- Participate in special projects, as assigned.
7 to 10 years of progressively responsible sales/marketing experience in defense electronics / aerospace industry. Technical degree and background in power supplies preferred.