Senior Industrial Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Reports to: Industrial Engineering Manager
Number of positions: 2
- The Sr. Industrial Engineer provides engineering, planning, and business services for the Printed Circuit Board Assembly -PCBA area to develop and maintain highly cost efficient operations by:
- Identifies areas for and implements studies beneficial to improving facility efficiency. Determines proper methods that promote conservation of product, labor, materials, costs, safety, ergonomic stresses and equipment
- Analyzes operations and results of studies to develop more effective methods of operation Implements improvements upon management acceptance.
- Develops and maintains standards and controls for production shrinks, yields, machine capacities and efficiency, manning and operating strategy from raw material receipt to finished goods. Utilizes the following techniques in the developing the engineered standards, but not limited to: time study, work sampling, predetermined time standards and actual performance measures. Measures productivity, audit standards and update standards as warranted.
- Plant coordinator with research and development, operations management and financial analysis, on the development and successful implementation of all new products or processes at the plant level through: Items #1 to #3 above, proper analysis of process impact, process cost, developing plant layouts and communicates associated risk and the critical control points. Provides input to product specification, labor staffing estimates, etc.
- Trains and supervises training of associates in new methods and procedures implemented in operation and develop materials and procedures for training.
- Analyzes, models, evaluates, simulates, tests, obtains approval and implements plant layouts, modifications and relocations of facilities utilizing various software packages . Maintains plant layouts in AutoCAD.
- Assists in the identification, selection, obtaining and installing equipment and/or improved operating procedures for the plant engineering levels of product design awareness and knowledge of part interaction
- B.S. Industrial Engineering Degree
- 6 – 8 years directly related work experience in a Printed Circuit Board Assembly- PCBA environment required.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral, written, team building and negotiation skills
- Requires ability to demonstrate strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Requires technical competence with computers, Microsoft Office, database development and management
- Must have a solid knowledge of technical equipment related to safety
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)