Requisition #: JP3281
Title: Sustaining Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports to: Director
Major Markets: Commercial, Computer, Renewable Energy and Telecommunications
Status: US Citizen & Permanent Resident of the USA; preferred
- Maintain families of legacy products including hardware, software, bills-of-material, schematics and perform design updates and cost reduction as necessary.
- Familiar with high frequency switching power supply topologies, control architecture, magnetic design, PCB layout, EMC design.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of sub-assembly down to component-level.
- Performs critical circuit analysis and uses circuit simulation tools (SPICE) for validating circuit operation and documentation.
- Evaluate replacement devices for obsolete components in the circuit. Generate change orders to execute necessary changes.
- Develop engineering reports for presentation to both internal and external customers using PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Maintains laboratory notebook for written record of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in all phases of power electronics design, including analysis, simulation, circuit design, PCB layout, control algorithm and testing.
- Experience with DSP’s or microcontrollers used to control power electronics systems, FPGAs, along with the software required to operate them (auto code or C/C++).
- Knowledge of safety and UL, NEBS and other Telcordia specs required.
- Experience with PCB layout/PCB manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with lab tools such as oscilloscopes, electronic loads, current probes, soldering irons, network analyzers.
- Demonstrated effective communication, planning and time management skills required
Below are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)